Sunday, November 21, 2010

The meaning of Simple

There are some simple things around which our life revolves but we fail to acknowledge their significance. Sometimes they are the very reason for our existence and the basic foundation of happiness which gives meaning to our life.
Like the concern of our parents towards us. We do feel irritated at times because of the same but inside the heart of hearts we know they are perhaps the first and last ones to do so. Casually we do ridicule someone’s concern by saying-I guess my parents also don’t miss me so much ;-). This shows how much we crave for it yet fail to appreciate it.
The first drops of rain which glistens on the roof of old buildings and feels like the blessings from our forefathers. Though we don’t get the fresh rain drops nowadays because the greatest boon of pollution is acid rain today but the first showers wipe out the dirt and also cleanses our soul from the restlessness after the roaring summers.
We do get lots of gifts on our birthdays every year but the first gift always has a special place in our heart. The significance is great and incomparable, somewhat like the first born in the family.  
The first time we fall in love and visualize an ideal date. I always wanted my ideal date to be on the roof of a sky scraper resting my head on my beloved’s shoulder and watching the stars through the telescope. That is the idea of celestial love for me.
Suddenly when I get a call from some old friend who stays only in memories but whose presence is buried in the sands of time gives me immense pleasure.
Some completely unknown   good soul leaves an imprint on our lives for standing by us in the most difficult times.
Going for a trip to some distant land where small rivulets flow by the green meadows and a herd of mountain goat graze there as if they are the humble conservationists of the paradise.
Reading a book  which symbolises reality and also typify characters which don’t  care  about  reality but value principles of life and hold on to truth till the last breath of their life.
We should all try to spend some time all by ourselves so that we can reflect upon what we see around us and what knowledge we gather from our stint with reality each day. Solitude is very necessary as it helps us in understanding ourselves by introspecting into our conscience.
I could have never penned down my thoughts if I had not spent quality time with myself.  Time and space for myself has helped me grow into a person I had always craved to become.

8 comments:

  1. Woww...I never knew there was a writer in YOU!:)
    Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ore baba re etovison kothin lekha...porte giye dant venge jachhe to..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always said that u r a prolific writer..... gr8 article.... liked it a lot....... way to go..... kip up d good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got this through Arijit's profile - it's beautiful - I felt like I was reading something I have written. Could feel the words! Keep going deeper into yourself - find that space which is the core of your creativity and let it burst!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it a lot Ankhi..It's very common and profound. Every other person can identify to themselves, because you have penned down the reflection in mirror of everyone's thoughts,views and ideas. Liked it a lot.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. heyya.....gr8 it was.....chupa rustam...kip up d good wrk buddy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg!this is a new ankhi for me.its good. simple but deep.loved your work darling.keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah well i must say this piece reflects your soul. well composed.
    now the editor speaks: a few gramatical mistakes noted, third paragraph is complicated and a little tight weaving was required.

    but, yes i love my friend who finds time to share her feelings with us...muahhhh

    ReplyDelete